I probably say this about most of my favourite recipes, but this prawn and spinach tagliatelle is one of the easiest and quickest pasta recipes that I have ever tried. It’s almost like using a stir in sauce, but slightly less lazy and a bit more interesting!
Instead of using cream, I use boursin cheese (which is packed with garlic and herbs), creme fraiche and a touch of white wine to make the sauce.
This time I used prawns and spinach, but in the past I have used the same sauce with smoked salmon and asparagus, or bacon and mushrooms. The only other ingredients are red onion, parsley and chives or spring onions. Simple!
This recipe serves 2. You can use raw prawns, if you do, just make sure they are cooked through. You can also use fresh or dry tagliatelle, just cook it according to the instructions and factor that in to the recipe timings.
- Prep Time : 5 minutes
- Cook Time : 15 minutes
- 150g king prawns - cooked (or raw if preferred)
- 100g spinach
- 1/2 red onion - finely chopped
- 2 tbs boursin cheese
- 150ml creme fraiche
- 200g tagliatelle - fresh (or dried if preferred)
- 2 tbs chives or spring onions - finely chopped
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs parsley - finely chopped
- salt and black pepper - to taste
- white wine - small splash
- freshly grated parmesan - to garnish
1. Put a saucepan on a medium heat and heat 1 tbs of the olive oil. Add the spinach, a pinch of salt and pepper and stir it around until it all wilts. Remove the spinach from the pan and leave to one side.
2. Heat the remaining olive oil. Fry the onions for 7-10 minutes until softened.
3. Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet. I used fresh pasta which took about 4 minutes to cook.
4. Add the boursin and creme fraiche to the saucepan along with a splash of white wine. Add the prawns and spinach and continue to stir until the prawns are hot all the way through, about 3-4 minutes (if you are using raw prawns, they may need a bit longer). Add the chives/spring onions and a few spoonfuls of the pasta water to the sauce to loosen it all up.
5. Drain the pasta and add it to the saucepan. Stir it all together until the pasta is coated with the sauce. Add the parsley, leaving some to garnish at the end.
6. Serve with some parsley, freshly ground black pepper and parmesan sprinkled on top.