This stunning take on Eton Mess is a wonderful way of using British autumnal fruit. Any extra plum compote is delicious eaten on its own. Serve this for a dinner party dessert and enjoy the compliments! The Red Tractor logo on pack means your food or drink has met these responsible production standards and is fully traceable back to independently inspected farms in the UK.
Take a look at Red Tractor’s website to see what they are all about: redtractor.org.uk
- Put the plums in a pan with a splash of water, half the sugar and vanilla pod halves. Heat gently until the plums soften and the sugar dissolves, stirring from time to time.
- Remove the vanilla pod. Leave to cool completely and keep in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
- Whip the cream with the sugar until it just holds soft peaks. Keep in the fridge until you need it.
- When you are ready to serve, mix the cream with the meringue pieces and blackberries; then stir through the plum compote gently - don't turn the whole mixture purple, you want a marbled effect.
- Serve in small bowls or glasses.