A quick and totally delicious lunchtime salad for one with roasted asparagus and cherry tomatoes, grilled ham and aubergine and slices of beetroot. Topped off with shavings of parmesan. So good, there isn't much more to add.
Although, you can add some boiled new potatoes if you want a more substantial meal, but as it is, it is under 300 cals or thereabouts. Of course, using bacon instead of ham would probably be tastier, but will up the calories.
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 15 minutes
1. Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees. Put the asparagus and cherry tomatoes in a roasting tray and drizzle over 1/2 tbs of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for around 10-15 minutes or until asparagus is tender.
2. Meanwhile, heat a grill pan. Drizzle another 1/2 tbs of olive oil over the auberine slices and season with salt and pepper. When the pan is really hot, place the aubergine and the ham in the pan. Grill for 2-3 minutes on each side and remove from the pan.
3. Combine the rest of the olive oil, vinegar, mustard and garlic in a small bowl or jar. Mix it up until the dressing is combined.
4. How you construct the salad is up to you! If you want to do it in the same way I did, arrange the aubergine slices on the plate. Place the beetroot slices on top, then dot the cherry tomatoes around. Place a handful of the mixed leaves in the middle and stack the asparagus to form a cone shape over the lettuce. Slice the grilled ham into 1 inch pieces and sprinkle over the top. Finish with some black pepper and the parmesan.
5. Drizzle the dressing all over the salad and serve.